Florida Beach Wedding Information – Frequently Asked Questions
Most of our couples all have the same question: How does a beach wedding in Florida work? Well this page will provide you with the Florida Beach Wedding Information you need to have a successful destination wedding. We want you to know, your beach wedding is as important to us, as it is to you. These are our most frequently asked questions. We also have included important Florida Beach Wedding Information, such as “what happens if it rains”, “do we need a Florida Marriage License?”, “Can we bring our own minister”? And, if you don’t find your listed, we will be happy to find the Florida Beach Wedding Information you are looking for.
Our beach wedding policies are also listed on this Florida Beach Wedding Information Page. We have taken our years of experience, and knowledge, to compile this list of policies, to insure that you have the best destination beach wedding experience possible.
An informed couple, is a happy couple!
Keep in mind the following Florida Beach Wedding Information that will help to insure a successful beach wedding ceremony:
- All companies are not alike. Some are not companies at all.
- How long have they been in business? We have been in business since 2007.
- Are all of their beach wedding packages clearly listed, with the price of the package visible? Our packages are.
- Are there set-up charges or delivery charges? We do not charge any type of “hidden fees”
Now that you have all of this Florida Beach Wedding Information, contact us today to start planning your beach wedding!
Do I need a Florida Marriage License to get married in Florida?
Absolutely! To have a beach wedding in Florida, you need a Florida marriage license. No matter which state you live in, you must obtain a Florida marriage license. If you both are non-residents of Florida, we can provide you with information on how to obtain your Florida marriage license by mail.
Learn more about Florida marriage licenses by clicking here.
What happens if it rains?
We do not provide back-up for your beach wedding ceremony. However, in some of the beach parks we use, there are covered picnic areas. And, If they are not in use, we can move the ceremony there. If you are having your reception, or staying at a nearby hotel or condo, we can move the ceremony there (with their permission and ours). And, this location must be within three miles of the original ceremony site. . However, most, or all of the decor, would not be able to be moved, as it is designed for the beach. Our main goal is to get you married on the beach. So, if it is a passing shower, we will try and wait it out for a short bit. If it is a very light rain, have your guests be prepared with umbrellas, as the ceremony will go on.
Wedding Packages and Wedding Attire
Packages: Our Packages are sold as they are. You will have choices that will be listed on the package (such as chair sash color, material colors, etc…). You will also be choosing your own ceremony and music, as well as sand colors. If there are some things you may not need, such as the sand ceremony, you can take them off your package, but no credit will be given. You can bring your own minister, too (no credit issued). If you will have your own photographer, you will receive a $100.00 credit off of your package (not available for the Simply Package).
Wedding Attire: Any type of wedding attire is great for a beach wedding. A bride’s dress can never be too formal, even if the groom is opting to wear khakis and a dress shirt. Brides keep in mind for your hair and veil: Even on the best of beach days, there is usually a breeze, so remember to have extra pins to pin up unruly bangs or fly-away curls. A veil can be beautiful at a wedding, but a long veil can easily be twisted in the wind at your beach wedding. We recommend skipping the veil, but if you must wear one, make sure you can easily take off your veil, if needed to.
Ceremony Photography Policies
All of our packages include standard ceremony photography, This photography is taken by one of our staff photographers and will include the ceremony and a couple of poses of the bride and groom immediately after the ceremony. We do have the option of purchasing additional ceremony photography time for your beach wedding in Florida: This will include a group photo, a short session of immediate family photos with the bride and groom, and many more poses of the bridal party, as well as the bride and groom. Or, you can upgrade your entire ceremony and after ceremony photos with our exclusive photography company: Forever in Love Photography (www.foreverinlovephotos.com) She provides more editorial poses, editing, etc… (and, you will receive $100.00 off any package, except for the Simply Package, when using her services). Whichever way you choose, you will not have to purchase any photos from us. Once your photos are ready, they will be availlable to download for free — a great money-saver after the ceremony! (A photo CD is available upon request for only $25.00 -shipping and handling fees.
Our photographers help direct the bride and bridal party, as well as take the best possible photos without blocking your guests view of the ceremony. They are also “experts” with beach wedding ceremonies, and know exactly how our beach wedding ceremonies work, and how they are performed.
If you will hire your own photographer (not one of the options above), you will receive a $100.00 discount on your package (not applicable with the Simply Package, or any other discounts). Your independently hired photographer will take the place of our photographer. They will take your ceremony photos, and once your ceremony is complete, then can take you, and your guests, towards the water for their after ceremony photography.
Officiant (Person who legally performs the ceremony) Policies
All of our packages include the officiant for your beach wedding in Florida. You are welcome to bring your own minister, or officiant. However, we do not discount the packages. Our Officiant is still present, acting as your beach wedding ceremony coordinator. If you bring your own officiant, or own minister, they are responsible for legally signing, and mailing your Florida marriage license back to the county.
Their ceremony must stay within a twenty minute time limit (this does not include you walking down the aisle, etc.. it includes the actual ceremony “talking” time).
Deposit, Cancellation, Rescheduling and Refund Policies
- A deposit is needed to reserve the date for your beach wedding in Florida. All deposits are non-refundable NO EXCEPTIONS
- The amount of the deposit depends on the package chosen. Each deposit amount is listed under the package price on our packages page.
- If you cancel your wedding with less than 30 days before the ceremony, all monies paid are non-refundable. If you cancel with over 30 days from the ceremony date, any payments made to outside vendors, or for any required permits, any credit card transaction fees, ( plus your original deposit are non-refundable. All other payments will be refunded to you within ten days of your cancellation date.
- You have the opportunity to reschedule your wedding ceremony one time, as long as it is over 30 days from the ceremony date, and the new date is available. You will also need to put down an additional $300.00 non-refundable deposit to reserve this new date.
- Refunds of payments (not deposits) are given for any wedding cancelled over 30 days from ceremony date. If it is within 30 days of your ceremony date, no refunds, or rescheduling is available.
- There are no weather related refunds.
- Hurricane Cancellation Policy: On the rare instance there is a cancellation due to a hurricane (that the beach area has been closed due to a hurricane warning) and your wedding cannot take place at your original beach location, you will have three options: we can move your wedding to another one of our beach locations in Florida that is not effected by the Hurricane; or, you will have the option of rescheduling up to one year from your original ceremony date, or if you do not wish to move it to another available city, or reschedule, then a 50% refund of the package price will be issued (Permits will not be able to be refunded. And, if you paid by credit card, 5% will be deducted for all credit card transactions, as those fees have been paid by us).
Florida Beach Wedding Information about Locations, Permit and Parking Fees
BEACH LOCATIONS: Remember, all beaches are public. Even at private resorts, the beaches are public. In most cases, you cannot block off any area of the beach for a weddings. However, we try and choose the best location on the beach for your beach wedding in Florida that will give us the most privacy, as well as the best access for you, and your guests, as well as us. And, as most weddings are performed in the evening (near the most popular sunset time), the beaches are usually much quieter. We can provide you with the legal beach areas to get married. If you are staying directly on the beach, and they give you permission to use their beach access, and there is reasonable beach access and parking for us, we can certainly have your beach wedding ceremony there. Our company will determine the location on the beach, unless otherwise directed by rules at your chosen location.
BEACH WEDDING PERMIT: If any beach wedding permits are required, we will obtain them for you, and add the cost of the permit to your package. In Sarasota County, most of the areas require a beach wedding permit
PARKING: We are not responsible for any parking fees, but can let you know ahead of time if their are any parking fees. Remember, you are visiting a very popular beach area, parking, and traffic, can be a challenge, so allow yourself enough time for these occurrences