Florida Beach Wedding Information – Frequently Asked Questions
Most of our couples all have the same question: How does a beach wedding in Florida work? Well, this page will provide you with the Florida Beach Wedding Information you need to have a successful destination wedding. We want you to know, your beach wedding is as important to us, as it is to you. These are our most frequently asked questions. We also have included important Florida Beach Wedding Information, such as “what happens if it rains”, “do we need a Florida Marriage License?”, “Can we bring our own minister”? And, if you don’t find your listed, we will be happy to find the Florida Beach Wedding Information you are looking for.
Our beach wedding policies, are also listed on this Florida Beach Wedding Information Page. We have taken our years of experience, and knowledge, to compile this list of policies, to insure that you have the best destination beach wedding experience possible.
An informed couple, is a happy couple!
Keep in mind the following Florida Beach Wedding Information that will help to insure a successful beach wedding ceremony:
- All companies are not alike. Some are not companies at all.
- How long have they been in business? We have been in business since 2008.
- Are all of their beach wedding packages clearly listed, with the price of the package visible? Our packages are.
- Are there set-up charges or delivery charges? We do not charge any type of “hidden fees”
Now that you have all of this Florida Beach Wedding Information, contact us today to start planning your beach wedding!
Do I need a Florida Marriage License to get married in Florida?
Absolutely! To have a beach wedding in Florida, you need a Florida marriage license. No matter which state you live in, you must obtain a Florida marriage license. If you both are non-residents of Florida, we can provide you with information on how to obtain your Florida marriage license by mail. And, yes, your Florida marriage license is valid throughout the country, as well as international countries.
Learn more about Florida marriage licenses by clicking here.
What happens if it rains?
We do not provide back-up for your beach wedding ceremony. However, in most of the beach parks we use, there are covered picnic areas. And, If they are not in use, we can move the ceremony there. But, most, or all of the ceremony decor, would not be able to be moved, as it is designed for the beach. Our main goal is to get you married on the beach. So, if it is a passing shower, we will try and wait it out for a short bit. If it is a very light rain, have your guests be prepared with umbrellas, as the ceremony will go on.
Wedding Packages and Wedding Attire
Packages: Our Packages are sold as they are. You will have choices that will be listed on the package (such as chair sash color, material colors, etc…). You will also be choosing your own ceremony and music, as well as sand colors. If there are some things you may not need, such as the sand ceremony, you can take them off your package, but no credit will be given. You can bring your own minister, too (no credit issued). We only work with our own decor, chairs, amplifier, etc…. Some of our packages (for example, our Simply Elopements) have guest count limits. Keep these guest count limits in mind when reserving your package.
Wedding Attire: Any type of wedding attire is great for a beach wedding. A bride’s dress can never be too formal, even if the groom is opting to wear khakis and a dress shirt. Brides keep in mind for your hair and veil: Even on the best of beach days, there is usually a breeze, so remember to have extra pins to pin up unruly bangs or fly-away curls. A veil can be beautiful at a wedding, but a long veil can easily be twisted in the wind at your beach wedding. We recommend skipping the veil, but if you must wear one, make sure you can easily take off your veil, if needed.
Our Ceremony Photography Policies
If you add our ceremony photography to your package (which we highly recommend!) Here are our policies;
Your ceremony photography will be taken by one of our staff photographers and will start at the very beginning of the ceremony, during the ceremony, and after ceremony poses. These after ceremony poses will include the following: the newly married couple with all of your guests in a group photo. A short session of immediate family photos (parents, grandparents, siblings) with the newlyweds. Followed by photos with your bridal party, then ultimately several more poses of just the two of you. Once your photos are ready, a link will be sent to you, so you will be able to download your photos to your own computer, flash drive, hard drive. etc… (A photo CD is available upon request, instead of the free download, for an additional fee).
Our photographers help direct the bride and bridal party, as well as take the best possible photos without blocking your guests view of the ceremony. They are also “experts” with beach wedding ceremonies, and know exactly how our beach wedding ceremonies work, and how they are performed.
If you will hire your own photographer: Your independently hired photographer will take your ceremony photos, and once your ceremony is complete, then can take you, and your guests, towards the water for their after ceremony photography. Our work will then be complete, and we will start to take down our ceremony decor.
Officiant (Person who legally performs the ceremony) Policies
All of our packages include the officiant for your beach wedding in Florida. You are welcome to bring your own minister, or officiant. However, we do not discount the packages. Our Officiant is still present, acting as your beach wedding ceremony coordinator. If you bring your own officiant, or own minister, they are responsible for legally signing, and mailing your Florida marriage license back to the county.
Their ceremony must stay within a twenty minute time limit (this does not include you walking down the aisle, etc.. it includes the actual ceremony “talking” time).
Deposit, Payments, Cancellation, Rescheduling and Refund Policies
- A deposit is needed to reserve the date for your beach wedding in Florida. All deposits are non-refundable NO EXCEPTIONS
- The amount of the deposit depends on the package chosen. Each deposit amount is listed under the package price on our packages page.
- If you cancel your wedding with less than 45 days before the ceremony, all monies paid are non-refundable. If you cancel with over 45 days from the ceremony date, any payments made to outside vendors, or for any required permits, any credit card transaction fees, plus your original deposit are non-refundable. All other payments will be refunded to you within ten days of your cancellation date.
- You have the opportunity to reschedule your wedding ceremony one time, as long as it is before 45 days from the ceremony date, and the new date is available. You will also need to put down an additional $300.00 non-refundable deposit to reserve this new date.
- Balance and Payments: Your completed selections, and your wedding balance, is due 30 days before the ceremony date. If your payment is late, and we have not heard from you, your wedding may be cancelled with no rescheduling, or refunds allowed. NOTE: Your ceremony portal (where all of your necessary documents can be found) will list your balance, as well as the due date, etc.. so you can easily keep on track.
- Refunds of payments (not deposits) are given for any wedding cancelled over 30 days from ceremony date. If it is within 30 days of your ceremony date, no refunds, or rescheduling is available.
- There are no weather related refunds.
- Hurricane Cancellation Policy: On the rare instance there is a cancellation due to a hurricane (your beach area has been closed due to a hurricane warning) and your wedding cannot take place at your original beach location, you will have three options: we can move your wedding to another one of our beach locations in Florida that is not effected by the Hurricane; or, you will have the option of rescheduling up to one year from your original ceremony date, or if you do not wish to move it to another available city, or reschedule, then a 50% refund of the package price will be issued (Permits will not be able to be refunded. And, if you paid by credit card, 5% will be deducted for all credit card transactions, as those fees have been paid by us).
Florida Beach Wedding Information about Locations, Permit and Parking Fees
BEACH LOCATIONS: Remember, all beaches are public. Even at private resorts, the beaches are public (the parking and their beach walkway is private). In most cases, you cannot block off any area of the beach for a wedding. However, we try and choose the best location on the beach for your beach wedding in Florida that will give us the most privacy, as well as the best access for you, and your guests, as well as us. And, as most weddings are performed in the evening (near the most popular sunset time), the beaches are usually much quieter. We can provide you with the legal beach areas to get married. If you are staying directly on the beach, and they give you permission to use their beach access, and there is reasonable beach access and parking for us, we can certainly have your beach wedding ceremony there. Our company will determine the location on the beach, unless otherwise directed by rules at your chosen location.
BEACH WEDDING PERMIT: If any beach wedding permits are required, we will obtain them for you, and add the cost of the permit to your deposit amount. Or, we will invoice you separately, right after your deposit has been made, and your necessary permit has been obtained. In Sarasota County, all of the main beach areas require a beach wedding permit.
PARKING: We are not responsible for any parking fees, but can let you know ahead of time if their are any parking fees. A beach wedding permit is only a permit for the beach, it does not reserve, or guarantee any parking. Remember, you are visiting a very popular beach area, parking, and traffic, can be a challenge, so allow yourself enough time for these occurrences.
What can we expect once we have reserved our wedding date?
Once your deposit was made to reserve your wedding date, We will email you a confirmation packet within 72 hours. This packet will have all of your important wedding information, including:
- Contract that includes all of the items from our frequently asked questions
- Ceremony Extras quote: If you want to add anything to your beach wedding ceremony, this is where you will let us know.
- Beach Wedding Ceremony Questionnaire: This is the form you will fill out with all of the selections that are included in your beach wedding package
- Detailed Information about obtaining your Florida Marriage License
- General timeline of your wedding day
- Your final invoice for your package
All of these items will be contained in your own wedding portal. You will receive a four digit pin with your welcome email, and you will have access to all of your documents at any time. All of your selections, etc.. will be made electronically for your convenience. All of these documents, questionnaires and invoices will provide you with their due dates, to keep you on track. We want all of our beach weddings in Siesta Key, Florida, to be easy, and stress-free, from start to finish!